These are more notes based off another lesson that Phillip brought. It may be a while before I write my own Bible-based articles because I have gotten really behind on the notes I wanted to post.
Stone fences-farmers moved rocks to the edge of their property. They are very strong. We will be pushed or nudged this week, to see if we will move or crumble.
Eph. 6:10-17-“Be strong in the Lord, armor, breastplate, sword, shield, helmet…”
Being a Christian is about a spiritual struggle.
vs 11, 13, 14-“stand against, withstand, to stand, stand therefore”
Moses stood in the court of Pharoah, Joshua stood outside Jericho, Daniel and his 3 friends stood for not eating the King’s food and Peter and others stood for what they believed in.
1. They stood for the original gospel of salvation. Gal. 1:6-9- repetition and strong language, 1 Cor. 15:1-2-“I declare gospel, which you stand…also saved”
2. For the revealed way to serve Christ
2 Thess. 2:15-17-“stand fast, which you were taught is from God. ”
What people have done with Jesus’ teaching is like taking a basketball game and changing it little by little, here and there- take away the hoop, allow tackling, change the shape of the ball, go from shorts to long pants and lots of pads-you now have football.
Acts 20:29-30-” savage wolves will come in, not sparing the flock, and draw away disciples…”
If you stop following Christ, you start following a man. Man can’t save us.
3. For Biblical morality and rights. 1 Peter 1:13-16-gird your loins…”
4:1-3-“arm yourselves with the same mind”
vs 4-5-leave that old life behind-you’ve gone through a change-don’t let it move you
The world’s evil ways are everywhere-like pollen-easy to move us without knowing it.
How We Should Stand
2. Wisely-tact-Daniel asked for alternative diet.
3. Firm-Peter-Acts 5:28-“We ought to obey God rather than men.”
4. Sacrificially-Jesus said some enemies may be of your own household.
Will you stand with God or with them?
It is one stone at a time.